Saturday, January 11, 2014

Holos and glitters and pigments and thermals.

I love all kinds of polish, but honestly, it's the uniqueness of indie polishes that makes them my favourite. I recently scored "Am I Ginger?" By LynB, and as a Whovian, I was stoked. Not only one of my favourite lines from Tennent, but also a gorgeous and vibrant holo. I couldn't wait to use it in a mani.
I decided to pair it with both Lucky 13 Lacquer's "Gallifrey Falls/ No More" and Leigon Lacquer's "I Fell for Fall". Leigon makes some of my favourite glitter toppers and I figured, you can always use another Who reference!!



Here's the full mani, notice the lovely thermal effect of Gallifrey!


The bottles!! I'm so smitten with these three.  They have a great application, very smooth and easy. I used H K Girl's top coat and had no shrinkageat all. They're wonderfully brilliant and stunning. Very sparkly as well.


I love the little TARDIS image; it really made the bottle for me. So cute and clever! This polish took 2 coats to be entirely opaque, and it's very, very vibrant. The photos don't do it justice, believe me! It has a great, smooth application and, my favourite part, doesn't glop off the brush, even from the top!!


Here's a close up of Lucky 13 " Gallifrey Falls/No More". This one took 3 coats, and they had be thickish, but it's a lovely chocolate that shifts to orange. Great homage to the Time Lord painting! It has a really nice subtle shimmer as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment